Monday, February 3, 2014

All About Me!

A photo of my brothers and I in Honolulu :)


Hi! My name is Brianna and I am currently majoring in elementary education. I have dreamt of becoming teacher since I was five, which is crazy because many do not have a chosen career path when they enter college. I have always loved kids, and have been babysitting for many different families since 7th grade. During my senior year of high school, I was in a second grade classroom all day, three times a week, and absolutely loved every minute of it. When it was over, I was actually sad that it was summer, which clearly says something! I honestly can not imagine pursuing a different career other than teaching.

Some of the things I aspire to do as a teacher are encourage the kids with everything they do, including hobbies and dreams, to help them with anything and everything that they need, and to be a role model for students to look up to like many of my teachers were for me. One of the things I am most excited for when I become a teacher is decorating my classroom. I have pinned SO many ideas on Pinterest (completely addicted to it!) and I can't wait to finally create some of the things I have seen and use them with my students.

Various other things about me are that I:

  • love all Boston sports, especially the Bruins and Patriots
  • love traveling with my family
  • have been a vegetarian my entire life
  • enjoy playing volleyball with my friends and former teammates



The first topic I have chosen to share a link about favoritism and fairness within the classroom. This links give six reasons why favoritism is bad, and six easy solutions about how to avoid picking favorites. I think it is important that students are all treated fairly and feel just as important and liked by the teacher as all of their fellow classmates. Happy Reading :)




No comments:

Post a Comment